Our Melin Works team
Our Melin Works Team is here to provide you with practical advice, support and help with finding a job or developing new skills. We care about building your confidence and helping you into work. Our Team have years of experience securing employment, work placement and training opportunities for people of all ages.
From holding work clubs to giving you one-to-one advice and ongoing support, we have a dedicated team who can provide local information and useful contact details for your specific need.
We can help you with:
- Tips on CV writing, how to fill in application forms and successful interview techniques.
- Job searching and finding suitable roles for your skills.
- Confidence building and employment skills.
- Information and referrals for training, volunteering and work placements.
- Training and qualifications.
Work placements with Melin Works
Doing work placements with a company, charity or group is a very good way to get skills and experience that cannot be taught in a classroom or in a training environment. Although work placements are usually unpaid, the benefits for you include:
- Giving you real life experience so you can see if a role suits you.
- Meeting useful contacts.
- Potential for a full-time job offer.
- Giving you practical and soft skills such as team working, communication and commercial awareness.
- Enhancing your CV and personal development.
- Reasonable expenses for travel and PPE
@melinworks on twitter.
We look forward to working with you to achieve your potential.
Our Y Prentis programme is all about getting apprenticeships in the construction industry across south Wales.
Visit the Y Prentis website for more information.