Fire safety guidelines
Written by Marcus
22nd June, 2017
Recently we have seen the tragic events at the Grenfell Tower and our thoughts are with the victims and their families. We should firstly say that we have no high rise flats or properties that have undergone refurbishment works that have included EWI & Aluminium Composite Materials. However, in light of recent events it’s important to provide some guidance regarding fire safety in your home. It actually takes less than two and a half minutes for a fire to take hold of a room, so it’s vital you remain as safe as possible.
- Make sure you have a working smoke alarm within your home;
- Know your escape route and what to do in the event of an emergency;
- Keep escape routes clear;
- Make sure that your flat entrance door is closing properly, report any problems to us immediately;
- Do not leave cooking, in the microwave or cooker unattended;
- Do not leave tumble dryers, washing machines, dishwashers operating if you have left your home;
- Do not leave mobility scooters in the communal area, or charge them there;
- Do not wedge open flat doors opening that open into escape routes as they are there to stop the spread of smoke and fire;
- Do not over load power supplies or extension leads and turn appliances off when not in use. Only buy British/European standard kite marked electrical products.