Care & Repair
Monmouthshire and Torfaen
What does Care & Repair do?
We provide a free, comprehensive home improvement and advisory service to older and disabled people, living in Monmouthshire and Torfaen to help them remain in their own homes in greater comfort, warmth and security. The service is for people who live in Monmouthshire and Torfaen who are homeowners or private tenants.
We offer free, impartial advice on repairs and alterations to your home and will help people get estimates and select a reputable contractor.
We provide help with all types of home renovations and home security such as; smoke alarms, electrical work, handrails, central heating, insulation and plumbing
To contact Care & Repair Monmouthshire and Torfaen you can either email us or call us on 01495 745910.
In the past year (2015/16):
- We helped 3,400 older people;
- The agencies completed 3051 minor adaptations;
- The average age of the people we helped was 78;
- We accessed over £19,349 of charitable funding to pay for home repairs;
- 95% of people would recommend the Care & Repair service to others