The Jump2 Fund
Our Jump2 Fund provides grants of up to £250 (Jump2) for projects and activities which benefit our residents, their families and our communities.
Jump2 can be used for:
- Environmental Improvements e.g. communal planting schemes.
- Social benefit e.g. equipment for community halls and play areas
- One off events that can have a lasting impact
- Hiring of facilities to provide activity to benefit a community
- Transport to and from venues
- School projects within a Melin Community
- Education/training costs (Melin residents only - excluding digital aids such as laptops) provided that the resident is not being supported by Melin on other projects. We can only accept one application per household.
Lower Mill Field
Application Guidance Notes
Who can apply?
Jump2 is open to Melin Residents, voluntary groups and not for profit organisations working within our communities in Blaenau Gwent, Newport, Monmouthshire Torfaen and Powys.
- Up to £250; Download the Jump2 application form, which needs to be completed with quotes for any works obtained. A response to the request will be received within 10 working days.
If you are keen to further your career goals or boost your skills, Jump 2 can help with funds of:
- Up to £250; Download the Jump2 Bursary Funding application form stating what you would use the money for and how it will help you reach your goals. Please submit a quotation for the education/training costs. A response to the request will be received within 10 working days.
- Applicants must have a group/business account.
- Individual cheques will only be given to people claiming money to further their education.
- Melin’s logo must be used on any promotional material e.g. sports shirts. By accepting the grant you agree to take part in publicity and photographs to help promote Jump2
- Grants must be used for the activity stated in the application and no other reason unless subsequently approved by our selection panel
- You will need to supply quotes for any works within your application
The fund cannot be used for any of the following:
- Sponsorships for charities or charity travel initiatives
- Work on private property or land
- To top up existing funds
- To support political, religious or 'lobby' groups
How will I know if my bid has been successful?
Once our selection panel has met, you will be notified within 10 working days if your application has been successful or not.
Follow us on Facebook for more news and information about our Jump2 Fund.