Our Jump2 Fund provides grants of up to £250 for projects and activities which benefit our residents, their families and our communities.
Previous successful funding projects
Examples of successful Jump2 applications include:
- Garndiffaith Bowls Club applied for funding to purchase a new strimmer and hedge cutter to help maintain their community sports club.
- New Inn Primary School applied for money towards the cost of 15 new robotics kits for their pupils.
- Race AFC applied for funding towards the cost of pitch markers, cones and first aid kits.
Application guidance notes
Jump2 is open to Melin residents, voluntary groups and not for profit organisations working within our communities in Blaenau Gwent, Newport, Monmouthshire Torfaen and Powys.
Applications must demonstrate clearly the potential benefit to Melin residents and communities. If we have more applications than we can fund grants will be awarded based on those that can provide the most benefit. We will ensure that a range of projects are supported.
- Applicants must have a group/business account.
- Individual cheques will only be given to Bursary claimants.
- Melin’s logo must be used on any promotional material, (for example on sports shirts) and by accepting the grant you must agree to take part in publicity and photographs to help promote the fund.
- Grants must be used for the activity stated in the application and no other reason unless subsequently approved by our selection panel.
- You will need to supply quotes within your application.
The Fund cannot be used for any of the following:
- Sponsorships for charities or charity travel initiatives
- Work on private property or land
- To top up existing funds
- To support political, religious or “lobby” groups.