Cookie Policy This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Privacy Page

Back to Antisocial behaviour

Your responsibilities

When you signed your tenancy agreement with us you promised to be responsible for the behaviour of everyone living in or visiting your home.

All we ask is for you to be a good neighbour and wherever possible to sort things out between you and your neighbours – sometimes all it needs is a brief and calm conversation to sort issues out.

If you are having problems with ASB

While we take reports of ASB seriously, wherever possible you should try talking to the person involved first before calling us. They may not be aware that their behaviour is having a negative impact on your life. If this isn’t possible or doesn’t work then the next step is to speak to our Community Safety team, who will be able to offer advice and support. There are some things the team can help with and some things they can’t.

Resolving problems with your neighbour

If you have a problem with your neighbour, or your neighbour has a problem with you, it is important to try to resolve it as early as possible.

You may be able to resolve disputes and everyday nuisance problems by talking to your neighbour. Your neighbour may not be aware that they are causing a problem.

When you speak to your neighbour remember to:

  • Remain calm
  • Keep things friendly (they may not know that they are causing you issues)
  • Think about how you would like to be spoken to if you were causing the problem
  • Go at an appropriate time
  • Do not go around if you are angry
  • Try not to interrupt if your neighbour starts shouting
  • Stay in control and do not shout
  • Explain the issues calmly – and highlight how the behaviour is affecting you/family members
  • If the neighbour gets angry, make your excuses and walk away.

If things can’t be resolved

If you have spoken to your neighbour and matters do not improve then contact us.

It’s also important to remember that sometimes we have different lifestyles from others who live in our communities and by being tolerant and understanding of this, conflict and problems can often be avoided.

If you need to involve the Police

Anti Social Behaviour may involve criminal activity. All criminal activity should be reported to the Police:

  • For a Police emergency call 999
  • For a Police non-emergency telephone 101
  • To call Crimestoppers, telephone 0800 555 111
  • To get in touch with our Community Safety team, email or fill in the form on our contact page.

You may find these pages helpful


Safeguarding is about protecting the rights of an adult, young person or child to live in safety, free from abuse and neglect.

Find out more

Other useful contacts

For specific help regarding crime, hate crimes, charities offering assistance, and reporting concerns about a child. Both local and national.

See more