Back to Antisocial behaviour

Other useful contacts

Here are some useful contacts that you may need

The Police

Emergency number: 999
Non-emergency number: 101

Visit the Gwent Police website.

Visit the Dyfed-Powys Police website.

For specific help regarding crime

Crimestoppers is an independent charity that gives people the power to speak up and stop crime – 100% anonymously. Call them on 0800 555 111 or visit the Crimestoppers website for more.

Connect Gwent is a multi-agency hub for victims and witnesses of crime and antisocial behaviour in Gwent. Call them on 0300 123 21 33 or visit the Connect Gwent website for more.

ASB Help is a registered charity in England and Wales set up to provide advice and support to victims of anti-social behaviour. Visit the ASB Help website for more.

Victim Support can provide emotional support and practical help in complete confidentiality. Call 0808 16 89 111 or visit the Victim Support website for more.

Live Fear Free can provide help and advice to:

  • Anyone experiencing domestic abuse;
  • Anyone who knows someone who needs help. For example, a friend, family member or colleague;
  • Practitioners seeking professional advice.

Call the Live Fear Free Helpline on 0808 80 10 800 or visit the Welsh Government website for more information.

What is a hate crime?

If you are experiencing harassment, intimidation or someone is being aggressive towards you based on your nationality, ethnic origin, colour, political or religious beliefs, sexuality, age or disability then you are experiencing hate crime.

For help in dealing with a hate crime, visit the Dewis Cymru website.

Reporting hate crime

Whether you are the victim of hate crime, a witness, or a friend or relative, you should always report – or encourage the victim to report – any hate crime incident.

Contact Stop Hate UK, call the police on 101 or report it to the police online.

In an emergency always ring 999.

Charities offering assistance

The Anti-Bullying Alliance is a group of organisations and individuals working together to stop bullying. They seek to create safe environments in which children and young people can live, grow, play and learn. They provide advice and expertise in relation to all forms of bullying between children and young people.

Family Lives offers specific information on what cyberbullying is, and what to do about it.

Citizens Advice aims to provide free, independent, confidential and impartial advice. This can be in any area of your life. Citizens Advice wants to help with the problems people face. It also wants to improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives.

The Cybersmile Foundation is a charity full of information to help people tackle all forms of digital abuse and bullying online.

National Domestic Violence Helpline is a national service run in partnership between Women’s Aid and Refuge for women experiencing domestic violence and their family, friends, colleagues and others calling on their behalf.

National Stalking Helpline is a helpline number to call and a website with advice, information and case studies of others suffering stalking. Provided by the Suzy Lamplugh Trust.

Neighbourhood Watch provides news from different local Neighbourhood Watches. You can input your postcode to find your Neighbourhood Watch, Home Watch and Citizen Patrol schemes. It also provides information on how to set up your own scheme.

Victim Support is a national charity giving free and confidential help to victims of crime, witnesses, their family, friends, and anyone else affected across England and Wales. They work through local offices. Most people are referred to them by the police following a crime, but they can also be contacted directly through their helpline on 0845 30 30 900.

For social services and environmental health (including noise), please contact your relevant local authority.

  • Monmouthshire County Council: 01633 644644
  • Torfaen County Borough Council: 01495 762200
  • Newport City Council: 01633 656656
  • Blaenau Gwent Council: 01495 311556
  • Powys County Council: 01597 826000


Safeguarding is about protecting the right of an adult, young person or child to live in safety, free from abuse and neglect. It is also about doing as much as possible to prevent abuse from happening by raising awareness and understanding.

Safeguarding is everybody’s business.

Reporting concerns about a child

If you have concerns or would like more information, please contact your Local Authority.

In an emergency, don’t wait, call 999.

If you live in Torfaen

If you suspect that a child is being abused or neglected, or a child tells you that they are being abused, please contact 01495 762200 (or 0800 328 4432 for out of office emergencies) and tell them it is a Child Protection referral.

Telephone: 01495 762200
Fax: 01633 648794

If you live in Newport

If you have concerns about a child please immediately contact Newport Council’s social services duty officer on 01633 656656 or the emergency contact team on 0800 328 4432.

For concerns about adults at risk and for more information visit the Gwent Safeguarding website.

If you live in Monmouthshire

For child protection concerns telephone 01291 638928
or email:

If it is an emergency and you need to contact Monmouthshire outside of office hours please call the Emergency Duty Team on 0800 328 4432.

For Adult Safeguarding call 01873 735492 or email If it is outside of office hours or for Bank Holidays the Emergency Duty Team number is 0800 328 4432.

If you live in Blaenau Gwent

For concerns, telephone 01495 315700 or email

If you live in Powys

If you have any concerns or suspicions, you can contact Powys Council 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, by email or using their online reporting form. (You may use this form to make a report at any time, but it will only be picked up by their team during office hours).

Telephone 01597 827666 (Monday to Thursday 8.45am–4.45pm and Friday 8.45am–4.15pm)

For out of hours please call 0845 054 4847.

You may find these pages helpful

Contact us

If you need to get in touch with us regarding any issues that we can deal with, have a look at our page for ways to contact us.

Have a look


Safeguarding is about protecting the rights of an adult, young person or child to live in safety, free from abuse and neglect.

Find out more