Don’t miss out
Free school meals. Registering for free school meals is easy and confidential and it could save up to £400 a year.
Written by Sam—
20 Sep, 2016
Registering for free school meals is easy and confidential and it could save up to £400 a year.
It can be done from the comfort of your home and the school don’t even have to know.
The majority of schools have systems in place which mean it is impossible for other pupils to know who is receiving free school meals.
Registering for free school meals helps your school to benefit from funding and it could also mean that you qualify for other help.
Who qualifies for free school meals?Children whose parents/carers receive any of the following support payments may be entitled to receive free school meals in local authority schools.
- Income Support.
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and their annual income does not exceed £16,190.
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
See below for the links to local council website pages where you can apply for free school meals:
Register for free school meals in Monmouthshire.
Register for free school meals in Torfaen.
Register for free school meals in Powys.
Register for free school meals in Blaenau Gwent.
Register for free school meals in Newport.