Home contents insurance

Written by
1st October, 2019

row of houses

If you are a tenant who rents, then your landlord may not cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for
in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents
insurance can help provide peace of mind.

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, Melin Homes has teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks, and Allianz Insurance plc who provide the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy.

The My Home Contents Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

How do I get further information?

  • Ask your local housing officer for an application pack.
  • Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288

Alternatively, please visit the www.thistlemyhome‐cymru.co.uk for more information or to request a call back.

The National Housing Federation and Community Housing Cymru are Appointed Representatives of Thistle
Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct
Authority FRN 310419. Lloyd’s Broker. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office:
Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services
Ltd is part of the PIB Group.

Partners, Residents

« Zest in the Park 2019 Here is your chance to win a £25 shopping voucher with Your Melin Account! »