Hey, how’s it going?
It's Time To Talk Day 2024, and we're asking all our staff - Hey, how’s it going? Talking about mental health isn't easy, but we are passionate about helping support employees and encouraging other employers to end mental health stigma and discrimination. We want everyone to feel comfortable talking about mental health – whenever and wherever they like.
Written by Fiona—
01 Feb, 2024
We gifted our staff time out of their busy day to attend our breakfast ‘Cuppa and Chat’ morning, and here's why:
- To highlight how important it is to take the time to talk and ask each other - “Hey, How's it going?”
- To publicise all the mental health resources we have available to our staff.
- To help breakdown barriers surrounding mental health and make talking about it the norm, everyday!
- We launched our new Zest mug range - which encourage people to talk about how they're feeling and have a cuppa with a chat.
- We had a charity breakfast with loads of goodies for staff in exchange for a small donation to our charity of the year All Creatures Great and Small.
We understand and actively promote supporting our staff to take time out of their busy days, it's not only good for their mental wellbeing, but morale too. We know that happy staff makes for happy residents and that is very important to us and our values as an organisation.
It is so important for organisations to actively promote the different ways they will help and support staff. Melin not only do this but their actions really do speak for themselves. Senior Management staff, including, Paula our Chief Executive, attended the breakfast this morning, which shows how seriously we take wellbeing. Showing staff that it is ok to take time out of their day and talk about how they feel. I for one feel like I can talk to others and speak out when I'm not feeling ok, I feel supported and listened to by other staff. There is no judgement here.
Our health and wellbeing initiative – Zest, launched in 2011 and runs through everything we do at Melin. You can find out more about Zest from Healthy Working Wales who featured us as a best practice example.