Looking for things to do in October half term?
It is nearly October half term! And with only 65 sleeps until Christmas Day, we are all thinking of cheap or free activities to entertain the kids over the week.
Written by Fiona—
20 Oct, 2017
There are loads of websites with some fab ideas, but we have picked out some we think you’ll love.
If it's raining;
- Swimming, we’ve got loads of swimming pools. Visit Swim Wales to find a pool near you.
- Make some Christmas presents at home Activity Village website has some great ideas.
- Newport Museum and Art Gallery
- National museum of Cardiff
- Big Pit
- The Cardiff story museum
- Carve a pumpkin, make some Halloween crafts?
- Pottery Paining
- Why not visit the BBC, Terrific Scientific website there are some really fun experiments you can do together!
- Go to the beach
- Visit The National Trust website they have got loads going on over the half term break.
- Visit a different park each day, there are so many to choose from, Tredegar House, Pontypool park, Cwmbran boating lake to name just a few.
- Cosmeston Lakes County park and medieval village, Penarth
- St Fagan’s National Museum of History
- Why not visit one of the many castles we have in Wales?
- Set up a Halloween hunt in the garden
- Go on a nature trail walk