Meet your Neighbourhood Officer
Have you ever wondered who to ask about your tenancy agreement, or who to ask for help with your housing concern? Our Neighbourhood Officers are available to help with a range of issues regarding your tenancy. They have a dedicated patch, and they work with residents who live in that area. Here you can meet your Neighbourhood Officer and find out how they can help you and how you can contact them.
Written by Sam—
04 Oct, 2022
Kate Shaw covers North Torfaen including Pontypool, Pontnewynydd, Abersychan, Blaenavon and Blaenau Gwent.
Sam Morgan covers South Torfaen including Cwmbran, Sebastopol, New Inn and Griffithstown.
Gareth Jackson covers all Monmouthshire including Abergavenny, Chepstow, Caldicot.
Ceri Jones covers Newport and Powys.
As part of their role, a neighbourhood officer:
- talks to residents from pre-tenancy about what they can expect from Melin;
- helps residents understand what’s expected of them as tenants;
- supports people with their tenancy from settling in visits to mutual exchanges;
- makes sure residents are offered the right support when needed;
- works with residents and staff to make sure Melin properties are well looked after and maintained;
- supports residents with tenancy worries, such as hoarding or untidy gardens;
- works with other agencies to make sure residents feel safe and supported;
- helps residents to share opinions and shape our services by being part of the conversation;
- takes action if necessary, against those in breach of their tenancy conditions.