Melin backs Gas Safety Week campaign to keep residents safe
During Gas Safety week, Melin Homes has been reiterating the importance of having an annual gas safety check carried out after an engineer spotted a potentially lethal problem in a resident’s home.
Ysgrifennwyd gan Marcus—
17 Medi, 2015
During Gas Safety week, Melin Homes has been reiterating the importance of having an annual gas safety check carried out after an engineer spotted a potentially lethal problem in a resident’s home. The Melin Homes engineer was in the process of undertaking the annual gas service at Zoe Lewis’ Monmouth home, when he spotted that the grill on her cooker was faulty and leaking carbon monoxide. Fortunately, Ms Lewis and her partner said they rarely used the grill but mentioned that occasionally their carbon monoxide alarm would go off and thought it was faulty.
The engineer checked the grill and immediately condemned it. Thankfully, Ms Lewis kept to her appointment as any delay in letting Melin carry out the annual gas service could have had serious consequences. Ms Lewis said: “The old cooker is gone and we have a brand new one in its place. We are very grateful the team at Melin.” Melin’s Gas Service Engineer said: “This is just one of the examples where a gas safety check has potentially saved lives. We do go to people’s homes and find unsafe gas appliances. We’re pledging our support for Gas Safety Week to raise awareness of gas safety issues among the public so they know what steps they can take to keep themselves safe."