Yn ôl i Ymddygiad gwrthgymdeithasol

Cyfrifoldebau Melin

Our promise to you

If you report antisocial behaviour, then the Community Safety team will keep things confidential. We will make sure you know the name of the officer dealing with your problem and will respond to non-urgent issues within two working days and urgent issues within one working day. If you are reporting a criminal incident, then we will need police evidence in order to progress the matter.

What our Community Safety team will deal with

  • Harassment
  • Verbal abuse
  • Intimidation (not staring)
  • Drunken behaviour
  • Criminal Behaviour (where there is Police evidence)
  • Hate-related incidents
If there is an immediate emergency and you or anyone else are in danger, please call 999. If the situation is not an emergency, but requires police advice and intervention, please call 101.

What our Community Safety team won’t deal with

There are some things that are in our power to help with, and some areas which are the responsibility of your Local Authority or the Police.


The Council has a duty to investigate noise nuisance. Noise disturbance must be excessive and regular. For example, a one-off noise disturbance like your neighbours having a noisy BBQ will not count.

If you are reporting noise nuisance then we strongly recommend that you use The Noise App which instantly records the noise on your phone.


Any concerns about misuse of domestic CCTV (including Ring door bells) needs to be reported to the ICO – Information Commissioner’s Office. More details can be found on the ICO website.

If you feel you are being harassed by any cameras, you need to report it to the Police for them to investigate the allegations of harassment. If the Police take any action, we are able to respond with the appropriate action.


Drugs are a criminal matter and need to be reported to the Police as well as Melin.

Unless the Police confirm that drugs are being misused or sold from the property, as a landlord we are limited with what action we can take. If the Police execute a drug warrant and have a positive result (drugs found on the premises) we may be able to consider taking legal action such as an injunction to prevent the behaviour from happening in the future or prevent visitors attending a person’s address.


We are unable to act on a person staring, as it is very difficult to prove it is being done in a nasty way. We encourage you to report any concerns to the Police if you feel, you are being harassed because of the staring.

Our Community Safety team are also unable to help with disputes arising from:

  • Children playing in the street or arguing;
  • Everyday household events such as; flushing toilets, cooking smells, smoking in own home, washing machines, babies crying or playing;
  • Pets straying across your garden;
  • Problems arising from a conflict of lifestyles, such as shift work.

You may find these links helpful