This Saturday (April 22) is Earth Day and this year the theme is ‘Invest in our planet’
Ysgrifennwyd gan Sam—
18 Ebr, 2023
It is a call to us all, to do what we can to invest in a better future for our planet.
At Melin we are committed to doing what we can for the planet, for our team, our residents, and communities.
Here are some of the ways we are trying to minimise our impact on the planet, so that our residents and their communities benefit from a healthier world
- We invest money from our Sustainable Communities Fund in our Local Authority areas enabling our residents, and schools to do their bit for climate change
- We are a member of Carbon Literacy Cartrefi Cymru (CLCC), a consortium of 27 Welsh registered social landlords, who have pooled their money and resources to increase carbon literacy within their organisations.
- We have started a program of decarbonising our existing homes
Some more ways we are investing in the planet's future
- We use renewable energy for our offices and Independent Living Schemes, coupled with solar panels at our head offices
- We have a flexible, agile working policy meaning that staff can work from home and save on CO2 emissions produced by a regular commute.
- Aim to transfer our whole fleet of 60 vehicles to electric
- Trialling new, efficient and environmentally friendly measures such as radiant heating systems, insulating paint and hydrogen boilers.